Wednesday 23 July 2014

Amanda in Aju

Today is my 6th day in Korea and my 4th day teaching at my new school. The town that I live in is called Aju. It is a very small town that has one major industry: the DSME (Daewoo) Shipyard. Walking around town, I noticed right away that it is very hilly (see the mountains in the picture below) and the shipyard can be seen from almost everywhere in town.

So far, I am very happy with my apartment. As you can see from the pictures, it is fairly new and has modern décor. I have everything I need, including my own washing machine :) I live in between Beth's apartment and the school so we meet on the corner and walk to school together.

The school itself is great so far as well! Much better organized than the camps that I worked at before, and the working conditions are much better too! I feel like I am living in luxury this time compared to the slave labour and sketchy accommodations that I had before.

I haven't had a chance to do much else besides working yet... and I have also had a lot of official things to do this week like going to the immigration office, setting up my cell phone, getting a medical check, etc. hopefully I will have a chance to do more exploring this weekend, and then the following week we will be on holidays!!

Right now I am about to have lunch and then head into work. More later!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Whose tidy room is that??