Sunday 3 July 2011

Köln, Germany & Luxembourg City, Luxembourg & Rhine River

I'm a bit behind on my updating because my hotmail account is causing me trouble... I finally found a work around, though and consequently if you want to reach me, the best email to use is amandajex@me.com

Leaving off from my last blog, I took a night train from Munich to Amsterdam. I had to wait until 10:45pm to take the train and was VERY excited to find out that the Eagles were playing on an outdoor stage about 10 minutes from the train station!! When I arrived to my sleeping compartment on the train, there were people causing a ruckus... Apparently my room mate had a dog with her... But she was assigned to the top bunk!! I didn't really care, so I took the top... The lady and the dog were both very quiet room mates. Ha ha

The next day, I did a whirlwind tour of Amsterdam... Since accommodations were very expensive... I met up with my former home (the Prinsendam was docked that day) and headed to Köln in time for a decent priced sleep. (the picture below is the Köln cathedral)

Next stop on the whirlwind itinerary was Luxembourg City... And it just happened to be a heatwave -- 36 degrees!! Luxembourg is also a very hilly city but it had a very nice old town section and shopping district.

Up next was the small town of Kobkenz, which is situated at the intersection of the Rhine and Moselle Rivers. I tried my hand at couch surfing again -- I stayed with two nice girls about my age and actually had a double bed and my own room to myself. The next day I took a scenic boat trip up the Rhine... Lots of small villages and fortresses on cliffs along the way.

No comments: