Sunday 3 July 2011

Nürnberg, Germany

Following my boat cruise up the Rhine, I took a train from Frankfurt to Nürnberg. I ended up with a good hotel room... They had to give me a double room because they were out of singles... But I didn't mind!!

Nürnberg is also a city that has a walled old district. It was pretty much leveled after WWII, but they rebuilt it as it had been. As some of you may also know, Nürnberg was the home to the Nazi war crimes trial after the war.

Unfortunately the weather wasn't the greatest so I spent some time in various stores trying to stay dry. The weather cleared up a bit in the afternoon, though, so I took an I'll fated bike trip to the former location of Nazi Party rallies. They have basically converted the area back into green space but there are plaques up.

To make a long story short, there was a van parked in the bike lane on my way back... And instead of going around it into traffic (which I thought was dangerous) I went around it onto the sidewalk... And took a little tumble... I'm a-ok but I'm sure I gave some of the local motorists a chuckle because I rolled pretty good!

After my second evening in Nuremberg, I took my final train of the journey to Berlin where I stayed at a cheap hotel where I somehow weaseled free internet, breakfast and airport shuttle (only the shuttle was supposed to be free!) after that, I border a flight from Berlin to Stockholm, Sweden where I will stay until the Prinsendam comes back to pick me up.

No comments: