Friday 22 April 2011

Mediterranean Adventure: Kotor, Montenegro!

While I was planning for my trip, this port was one of the ones that I was the most excited for. I had seen beautiful pictures on the internet, and knew that it was the southernmost fjord in Europe. This port did not disappoint! When we arrived in Kotor, we climbed to the top of a fortress (over 1000 steps!) and met two men who lived high up in the mountains who gave us some sort of red berry juice and fresh mountain water.  Later, we toured around the old town and had a delicious 'family style' lunch of calamari, pizza and tomatoes/mozzarella/olives to snack on. The sail out of Kotor was also phenomenal and I took about a zillion pictures!

The red flag at the top is the fortress we climbed to

Sail away

Sailing past all the little villages

No comments: