Friday 22 April 2011

Mediterranean Adventure, Stop 1: Casablanca, Morocco

 Hassan II Mosque -- beautiful, right on the water, but basically surrounded by the ghetto.
 This is the street my hotel was on. (The blue vertical sign on the right side is my hotel.)
 Beach beside the mosque -- the first time I saw the ocean, even though Casablanca is right on the water. There were big buildings/walls/construction in the way everywhere else.

On March 31st, I left cold and snowy Ontario, on route to Casablanca, Morocco (with a brief stop over in Fiumicino, Italy). I arrived at about 10:30 am to hot and muggy Casablanca. My hotel picked me up and took me from the airport to the hotel, which was amazing -- especially because it seems like there are no traffic rules in Casablanca and finding your way is really tricky!  My overall impression of Casablanca is that it's hot hot hot! and verrry humid all the time! It is also very busy and streets are not linear and very difficult to navigate! I was also very conscious of my safety at all times, especially since I was traveling alone. It was an eye opening experience for sure, but not at the top of my list of places to return to!

No comments: