Friday 22 April 2011

Mediterranean Adventure: Venice, Italy

I received very good advice from one of the passengers on the ship who said that she had arrived to Venice by air, and by rail, but that arriving to Venice by water was a unique experience and to make sure that I was awake for sail in.  I took her advice, even though I had to wake up at 6am! I was very happy I did, it was a gorgeous sail in, especially with the sun rising, and just catching my first glimpse of the city.

We were in Venice over night, so had lots of time to explore! We took a water bus down the grand canal to St. Mark's square, and just wandered around. We also had a great recommendation for a small restaurant for an authentic dinner, which was amazing!  The second day, I had to make my way to the train station in Venice and start my journey home...

Sail in to Venice

Gondola man!

Grand Canal

No comments: