Wednesday 28 December 2011

I Can See Russia From My Window!


My flight out of Vancouver was delayed over an hour -- apparently they had some issue with cargo... either had to repack it properly or we had the wrong stuff... not quite sure! The flight itself was really good -- I was fed well... which is the main thing! We got lunch and dinner, plus Mr. Noodles as a disembarkation treat! I read a bit and watched one movie, but I was really surprised that I wasn't bored at all... I was also able to sleep a bit more, so that helped!

In terms of scenery, I saw some very cold, barren landscapes, including what I think was the Bering Strait, and the edge of Russia (see picture). It was also pretty cool to follow the sun -- it was never night time!

Everything went smoothly again with baggage claim and customs at the Incheon Airport, and I found my way pretty easily to Gimpo by subway. Most signs and announcements were in Korean and English, so that made it very easy!

Right now, I'm at December Hotel in Jeju City. I got an email from Kate (who is already working at her camp) and she said that they aren't allowed off the 'compound' after 10pm, which meant they couldn't come get me at the airport. It actually worked out for the best because I was really tired, and this hotel is awesome! I'm typing this from the random desktop computer that they have here for my use... along with a mini fridge, tv, kettle, etc. My mission for today is to explore Jeju City a bit and then catch a bus to Daejung-eup, which is where Kate's camp is!

1 comment:

Jexy said...

Easy, Sarah, easy...
Chudleigh misses you :)